The merger vote has passed!
On behalf of the credit unions’ Boards of Directors and Executive teams, we are pleased to announce that we’ve achieved a positive merger vote between Access, Noventis, and Sunova Credit Unions!
On Thursday, January 27, each credit union hosted a Special Meeting of Members to finalize voting and announce the results. At these meetings, we achieved a two-thirds majority vote in favor of amalgamating Access, Noventis, and Sunova Credit Unions.
A two-thirds majority vote was needed, and we are pleased to share that the resolution was passed with the following results:
|Access Credit Union||76%||24%|
|Noventis Credit Union||86%||14%|
|Sunova Credit Union||74%||26%|
Effective July 1, 2022, we will become the NEW Access Credit Union. We will be a credit union that continues to focus on our members first. One that is future-focused, innovative, and strong; not only in our financials, but in our values, our people, and our communities.
Thank you to the members who participated in this important vote!
More information will be shared as we prepare to bring our three credit unions together. We are committed to keeping the lines of communication open and keeping our members informed and engaged through the next phase of this process.
Please watch your respective credit union website and member communications for more information on next steps.
Watch our announcement video from September 2021 below to learn more about the merger discussions.
Why we’re Connecting Manitoba:
- added convenience of more local branches
- expertise and knowledge of our combined staff
- enhanced products, services, and technological solutions
- financial strength will help maximize the ability to pay patronage and reward our members for their loyalty
- offer an added variety of positions and more specialized roles
- greater opportunities for personal advancement with increased capacity for ongoing learning and development
- additional team members trained for back-up support and coverage
- ability to continue investing in all of our communities, and broaden our impact together
- capacity to support communities with new services and resources, such as online and mobile services
- capacity to serve larger businesses – members can have more financial services needs met by their local credit union
How we’re Connecting Manitoba:
About the Merger
What this merger means to members and your credit union experience.
Questions & Answers
Answers to common questions about the merger.
Get in touch with questions or feedback about the merger.
Latest News & Updates
- Proposed Access, Noventis, and Sunova Credit Union Merger ApprovedManitoba—The Boards of Directors of Access Credit Union, Noventis Credit Union, and Sunova Credit Union are pleased to announce their memberships’ approval of the proposal to […]
- Access Credit Union, Noventis Credit Union and Sunova Credit Union Boards Approve Amalgamation Agreement and Recommend to Membership in Upcoming VoteAfter completion of the due diligence and a careful review of the business case for this proposed endeavour, the boards for all three organizations have signed an amalgamation agreement that formalizes the intentions to merge.
- Access Credit Union, Noventis Credit Union and Sunova Credit Union engage in merger discussionsThe Boards of Directors for Access Credit Union, Noventis Credit Union and Sunova Credit Union are pleased to announce that they are currently engaged in discussions […]